I am so excited I could pee my pants. For almost a year and a half I have waited for a new kitchen.
It is the last room in the house to get the makeover and it has needed it desperately. The cabinets were barely usable and the drawers were worse. This last July I finally got tired of doing the dishes by hand and Landon was a sweetheart and put in my dishwasher on the 4th of July. Doing so only left me with 1 drawer. So, we pulled an old dresser in to help hold the silverware. When we moved in we replaced the floor in the kitchen with a linoleum, but since we knew we were getting new cabinets we had him keep a foot of the flooring unglued so that we could put it under the cabinets when they got put in. So, for a year and a half I have had a rolled up piece of linoleum at my feet by the counter.
The original plan was to paint the kitchen when we first moved in. That way it wouldn't be the pretty lime green color until we got the new kitchen in, but things took a different turn and we primed it, then decided to texture and that was where it got left.
That is until this last weekend....
My cabinets got pulled out and all of my dishes placed on the kitchen table for about 4 days while I waited for the new cabinets to get put in.
It is finally here! I finally have my new kitchen and it is beautiful! I spent a couple of weeks with things getting worse before they got better, but it was well worth it.
Landon and his brother Eric built everything and I have to admit I don't feel like I deserve a kitchen this nice. I really don't feel like it is truly mine.




3 comments:
It is beautiful...congrats!!
ooh!! I LOVE it!! I sooo want new cabinets!! glad you finally got your kitchen!!
It looks awesome! Wow, I love it. Enjoy.
Post a Comment