Monday, September 27, 2010

What's in a Haircut

Well, Ellen has had her first true short haircut since she was a little girl. About a year and a half ago she took a pair of fingernail scissors to her hair and cut chunks out of it. Because of the oddity of the cutting with that one I had to call my stylist to have her fix Ellen's hair with layers. It was still able to stay pretty long though.

You would think that she would have learned her lesson from cutting her hair with scissors once, but all it seems she learned was to use bigger scissors so that she could cut more hair. I got a call from Landon and Ellen while I was on IDX to tell me that she had taken her scissors and cut her hair. I told them I would look at it when I got home and see what I could do.


Luckily, this time she did a pretty neat cut job on her hair. She cut a lot more hair off, but it was at least mostly straight and she left it long enough that I thought I could do the cut job myself. It was really disheartening to me as I cut off her hair. Right before I had left for work I had expressed to Landon how beautiful I thought her hair was getting. It was so long and we had straightened it to make it look absolutely gorgeous that day.

I think it actually turned out really cute. Which makes it harder to explain to her why she shouldn't do it again. Landon told her that if she did it again Mommy wasn't going to fix her hair, Daddy was. So far this has seemed to stick in her head that she does not want a boy hair cut.
After she was done she went to look in the mirror and came back to inform me that she kind of looked like me and McKinley (her friend in Kindergarten who also has a bob.) We are sad to be loosing the length, I cut off about 5 inches of hair, because now we can't do as many fun hairstyles. She was really sad when I told her we couldn't do the flag in her hair with it this short. We are remembering some cute hairstyles from when she had short hair and really it is adorable on her. I just hope that next time she decides she wants her hair cut short she will let me know before so that we are not forced into the cut.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

I do have to say... I like Landon's 'fix'. My dad used to say, "Bring me the saw and I'll cut it off."

maynardmoments said...

I was pretty sad when the hair lady totally messed up Mary's hair and we had to cut it extremey short. BUT, bobs are in right now, and little girls look so cute with them. Good job with Ella's hair, I bet she will love it.

Dreaming in Color