Trevor started Preschool in September and he is in love! A lady in our ward does a preschool and it is conveniently just down the road from us. Ellen went there last year and Trevor has been asking when he can go for a whole year now. Leslee was nice enough to let Trevor come play with them on the toys sometimes last year, so he knew it would be fun and literally could not wait. When Ellen started school this year, the first couple of days of dropping her off were really hard for him. He would cry his little heart out because he wanted to go to school. Preschool didn't start for another month for him, but I started telling him about it and trying to get him excited for that. There were several times that we would have to drive by his school and show him where it was in order for him to feel like it was okay that Ellen was leaving him.
When the first day of his preschool came I thought he was going to jump out of his skin. He loved having his own backpack and couldn't wait to get to play with the toys at Miss Leslee's. In all the chaos of the morning I didn't even think about getting a picture of him, so luckily Carlie's mom (The little girl in this picture) did. (Carlie's mom was of right mind and took some pictures of Carlie. Trevor being the ham he was wanted to be in all of the pictures and even asked her to get a picture of him alone. So, thanks Sheena!) 
Trevor went to preschool like he was an old pro. I wondered if he would be nervous about me leaving, but the moment he got there he couldn't wait for me to leave and kept saying goodbye to me. After the first week I haven't been allowed to walk him downstairs to his classroom. When we pull up to the house he tells me "I do it alone, you stay here." There was even a day when I was sitting in the car waiting for him to walk down the stairs to make sure he got in okay. He stopped at the top of the stairs and looked at me and said, "You go home." He was very adamant and wouldn't continue down the stairs until I told him I was staying to make sure he got in the house. He didn't like that a whole bunch, but he decided it was better than having me walk him to his classroom. I think he might be embarrassed of me already!
He is so much happier now that he gets to go to preschool and we love all of the things he brings home. What a big boy I have. Where did the time go?




No comments:
Post a Comment