Friday, May 7, 2010

The Man of my Reality

Six years ago today Landon and I began our lives together. It was a beautiful spring day and it has continued to be a beautiful six years. Things have not always gone as we would have liked. They have not always been easy, but they have always been right. We have been blessed with three fabulous children and have journied through these years together. Side by side, sometimes holding one another up, but always together.

I don't know if I could have found someone who is more perfect for me. The love that Landon and I share is a treasure. It is deep and frustrating and fulfilling. We are huge movie buffs and so often my reference for something comes from a movie. One of the best ways to describe how wonderful my Landon is comes from the movie "500 Days of Summer." One of the characters in the show explains that his girlfriend is better than the girl of his dreams, because she is real. That is how I feel about my sweet Landon. He is the man of my reality and I am proud and grateful to have spent the last six years of our lives together.

For Valentines Day I gave Landon a reason why I loved him everyday from Valentines Day to our anniversary. So today, on our anniversary, I want to share them with you.

Landon, I love you because:

1. You make me laugh.
2. Your Hotta!!
3. You love our children.
4. Your a GREAT Daddy.
5. You provide for us.
6. You honor your Priesthood.
7. You're a great wrestler.
8. You support me in whatever I'm doing.
9. The way you hug.
10. The way you kiss.
11. How excited you get about hunting.
12. How much you love your family.
13. You play a wicked guitar.
14. The way you hold me.
15. The way you love music just as much as I do.
16. You build me things.
17. You are a handy man.
18. You're not afraid to carry a girly diaper bag.
19. You listen to the promptings of the Spirit.
20. You make me want to be a better person.
21. You look beyond my odditys and love me in spite of them.
22. You're a child at heart.
23. You dance with me.
24. Your patient.
25. It's business time.
26. We make the cutest babies.
27. You're a hard worker.
28. You dance like no one's watching.
29. I love to listen to you sing me to sleep.
30. You're rockin' body!
31. You find joy in all around you.
32. You keep me guessing.
33. You make a great "horsey" for the kids.
34. You trust in the Lord.
35. You teach me how to listen to the Lord better.
36. You are always striving to be the best person you can be.
37. You pray in earnest.
38. You respect me as a woman, a wife and mother.
39. You are a wonderful listener.
40. You're Fantabulosticacious!
41. You're a sexy geek.
42. The way your butt looks in jeans.
43. You're the cool guy at the party.
44. You make me proud to be your wife.
45. You dream BIG!!
46. You can make fun of yourself.
47. You give good advice.
48. You are working with me to be self-reliant.
49. You sleep with a baseball bat under the bed.
50. You would do anything to protect your family.
51. You are a strict disciplinarian.
52. You rock my babies to sleep.
53. I love loving you.
54. I always have fun when I'm with you.
55. You're extensive knowledge of movie lines.
56. I feel loving when I think about you.
57. You are better than the man of my dreams.
58. You are always seeking for ways to grow.
59. Your knowledge of the scriptures.
60. I trust you.
61. You are willing to compromise.
62. When you smile at me everything in the world is right.
63. You made my life happy.
64. You look damn sexy on a motorcycle.
65. You are my favorite person to sleep with.
66. You encourage me to develp my career.
67. You change the fishes dirty water so I don't have to.
68. You never give up despite the adversary.
69. You are continually learning new things.
70. Family is always first for you.
71. I can't imagine raising children with anyone else.
72. You're my own personal heater.
73. You're tall, dar, and handsome.
74. You don't make fun of me when I don't know the definition of a word.
75. You read books to our children.
76. You read books with me.
77. You serve the Lord faithfully.
78. You have perfect teeth.
79. You work hard eeach and every day.
80. You like to watch chick flicks.
81. You like my cooking.
82. You are the best thing to happen in my life.

2 comments:

maynardmoments said...

What an awesome list. I remember standing in the parking lot of your appartment, and you telling me about this "hot guy you met you who can sing and play the guitar." And here you are three kids and six years later! I am happy that you are happy.

A said...

so sweet!

Dreaming in Color