Monday, November 15, 2010

Look What Has Made Our Lives Easier

I got this idea off of another friend's blog. She was having some trouble getting her kids to listen and do the right thing. Someone commented on it that they do Good Deed's Charts at their house and I thought we would try it. It has been great!

Ellen has always done really well with charts so she has taken to this like a pro. The other two are coming along as well. When Landon or I see them do a "good deed" they can earn a sticker. When their chart is filled up they get to pick a prize out of our prize bucket.

It has been great! We classify a good deed as something that they do without being asked, if they do something the first time we ask them, or if we just see them playing nice with each other. The kids really enjoy earning the stickers and I often find Ellen asking me what good deed she could do that day. (Mostly we like her to just try to see the need instead of asking, but sometimes anything will do for me.) It has really motivated them to listen a little better and it has been nice for Landon and I to notice all of the good things our kids do instead of just the bad. I would suggest them to everyone.

1 comment:

maynardmoments said...

Me like chart. Me try chart.

Dreaming in Color